Let Job Service North Dakota guide you in your job search. These resources will help you discover what jobs fit your skill set and what education and training may help you advance your career.
Use these sites to explore careers, check salaries, locate training or internships, create a resume and prepare for an interview.
Job Service North Dakota offices have the resources you need to research, find and apply for a job. Visit any Job Service North Dakota office to access:
Choices® Planner is an online career information system that helps individuals build personalized education and career plans.
Ability Profiler is a computerized aptitude assessment. It provides individuals with a detailed understanding of their abilities and guides them to occupations that match their abilities.
Job Service North Dakota offices offer SkillCheck proficiency and software testing. Employers often require test results as part of the application process. As a job seeker, you can test to determine your skill levels even when you’re not testing for a specific position. If you are not satisfied with your scores, this allows you time to do self-tutorials to raise your proficiency levels and then retest, making you more competitive for future jobs.
Following are the tests and the versions that are available to choose from.
(These tests can be taken once per calendar week.)
• Speed Typing
• Ten Key
• Alphanumeric Data Entry
• Numeric Data Entry
• Spelling – General, Accounting-Bookkeeping, Business,
Geography, Legal, Medical
• Vocabulary – General, Accounting-Bookkeeping, Business,
• Grammar – General, Business
(These tests can be taken once every other calendar week.)
• Windows – 7, Vista, XP, ME, 2000, 98
• Word – 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000
• PowerPoint – 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000
• Excel – 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000
• Access – 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000
• WordPerfect – 2000, 8, 12
• Outlook – 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000
• Software Productivity
• Call Center Customer Service Scenarios
• Customer Service
Contact your local Job Service North Dakota office for more information